Saturday 13 March 2010

So the other day I visited the Design Museum in London to have a gander at the brit insurance design awards which showcases the most innovative designs from the past year in seven design categories: architecture, fashion, furniture, graphics, interactive, product and transport.

Anyway the overall winner has not yet been announced however the winner for each category was announced last week on the BBC's culture show. Im sure you'll all be pleased to know that Alexander Mcqueen won the design category for his spring/summer 2010 catwalk show which was streamed live on the internet which is somewhat of a milestone because these very exclusive events are now accessible for everyone to enjoy and not just the fashion elite.

So I watched this fashion show named "Plato's Atlantis" while I was at the museum and I was totally blown away. It has a very sci-fi feel I thought and I love how the models are so unconventional with the crazy hair and implant features on their face while they walk around in a trance like state. I also thought the 2 cameras capturing the on stage action were also fascinating, there movement is very memorizing and they enhance the whole feel of the show. The clothes were obviously incredible and I particularly liked the leg wear about two thirds through that look like some sort of biotic leg.

Check out the video for yourself below, its a must see!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment